If you are a remodeler in the residential or light commercial industries, NAHB membership can help you grow your business in a number of targeted ways.
NAHB Remodeler Membership
- NAHB Remodelers is a council of NAHB, and membership is only available to NAHB members. There may be a local Remodelers Council in your association. Search for it online or ask your local home builder association if they have a local remodelers council. If they do, join up! By joining your local remodelers council, you automatically become a member of NAHB Remodelers and will be plugged in to valuable NAHB Remodeler benefits.
- If your local home builder association does not have a local remodelers council, join NAHB Remodelers directly as an at-large member for $75 per year. You'll still receive the same national benefits listed below.
Benefits Available to NAHB Remodelers Members
With a host of benefits including industry-leading programs in education, networking, marketing, advocacy and recognition of excellence, NAHB Remodelers gives you the tools you need to build your remodeling business. Membership with NAHB Remodelers also demonstrates to your current and future customers that you are committed to responsible business practices, quality construction and reliable customer service.
As members NAHB Remodelers have the opportunity to:
- Build Business Leads: Only NAHBR members get listed in the Directory of Professional Remodelers on nahb.org, which is promoted to consumers and draws more than 100,000 visits a year.
- Build a Marketing Advantage: Only NAHBR members get unlimited access to proprietary economic analysis tools that can help pinpoint new business opportunities, including the Remodeling Market Research Tool and the Remodeling Market Index (RMI).
- Build Knowledge: NAHB members get access to education and training programs to give you a competitive edge in the marketplace, including remodeling designations such as Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS), Certified Green Professional (CGP), Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR), and Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR).
- Build Prestige: NAHB Remodelers honors the industry's best with awards including the National Remodeling Hall of Fame, the Remodeler of the Year, Remodeler of the Month, and Council Awards for Demonstrating Remodeling Excellence Award (CADRE)—awards that can help you gain the recognition in your community you deserve for your work.
- Build Influence - NAHB's large and well-connected advocacy team is a powerful force on Capitol Hill, working and winning battles on issues such as the Lead Paint Rule, Green Remodeling, Flood Insurance, OSHA, labor and licensing. We help control unnecessary and onerous regulations that could negatively impact your business, and make sure you have all the information you need to stay in compliance and avoid hefty fines.
- Build Business Connections - NAHB Remodelers hosts events throughout the year including Remodelers Central at the International Builders' Show and the Remodeling Show where members can meet successful remodelers from around the country, ask questions, learn new strategies, best practices and trends that are unique to remodeling.
- Build Preparedness - Members get the latest news on regulatory and legislative issues, business trends, and events for remodelers with the monthly e-newsletter ReNews and exclusive content on nahb.org/remodelers.